Dr. Xinyuan Dai
Associate Professor of Political Science
CEAPS Advisory Committee, Affiliated Faculty of Center for East Asian and Pacific Studies
Center for Global Studies
European Union Center
POLITICAL SCIENCE; Affiliafed Faculty of Latin American and Caribbean Studies
- International Relations Theory
- International cooperation
- International institutions
- International law and compliance
- Formal Theory
- PhD The University of Chicago, 2000
- List of Teachers Rated as Excellent by Their Students
- List of Teachers Rated as Outstanding by Their Students
- Special Research Award, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- MacArthur Foundation / Social Science Research Council
- United States Institute of Peace
- University of Illinois Research Board Award
- Dai, Xinyuan. International Institutions and National Policies. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- Dai, Xinyuan. "Orchestrating Monitoring: The Optimal Adaptation of International Organizations." International Organizations as Orchestrators. Ed. Kenneth W. Abbott, Philipp Genschel, Duncan Snidal, and Bernhard Zangl. Cambridge University Press, 2014. 139-165.
- Dai, Xinyuan. "The Compliance Gap and the Efficacy of International Human Rights Institutions." The Persistent Power of Human Rights: From Commitment to Compliance. Ed. Thomas Risse, Stephen C. Ropp, and Kathryn Sikkink. Cambridge University Press, 2013.
- Dai, Xinyuan, and Gina Martinez. "How Do International Institutions Influence the EU? Advances and Challenges." The Influence of International Institutions on the European Union. Ed. Knud E. Jørgensen and Oriol Costa. Palgrave Macmillan Press, 2012. 207-227.
- Dai, Xinyuan. "Who Defines the Rules of the Game in East Asia? The Trans-Pacific Partnership and the Strategic Use of International Institutions." International Relations of the Asia Pacific (2014):
- Dai, Xinyuan. "The Conditional Effects of International Human Rights Institutions." Human Rights Quarterly 36.3 (2014): 569-589.
- Dai, Xinyuan. "Global Regime and National Change." Climate Policy 10.6 (2010): 622-637.
- Dai, Xinyuan, and Duncan Snidal. "International Cooperation Theory." The International Studies Encyclopedia VI (2010): 4001-4020.
- Dai, Xinyuan. "Effectiveness of International Environmental Institutions." Global Environmental Politics 8.3 (2008): 156-160.
- Dai, Xinyuan. "Dyadic Myth and Monadic Advantage: Conceptualizing the Effect of Democratic Constraints on Trade." Journal of Theoretical Politics 18.3 (2006): 267-296.
- Dai, Xinyuan. "The Conditional Nature of Democratic Compliance." Journal of Conflict Resolution 50.5 (2006): 609-713.
- Dai, Xinyuan. "Why Comply? The Domestic Constituency Mechanism." International Organization 59.2 (2005): 363-398.
- Dai, Xinyuan. "Information Systems of Treaty Regimes." World Politics 54.4 (2002): 405-436.
- Dai, Xinyuan. "Political Regimes and International Trade: The Democratic Difference Revisited." American Political Science Review 96.1 (2002): 159-165.
- Ruan, Danching, Linton Freemand, Xinyuan Dai, Yunkang Pan, and Wenhong Zhang. "On the Changing Structure of Social Networks in Urban China." Social Networks 19.1 (1997): 75-89.