Prof. Robert D. Pahre
Department Head, Professor of Political Science
Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies
Professor of LAS Global Studies
Center for Global Studies
European Union Center
- Ph.D., UCLA, Political Science, 1990
- M.A., UCLA, Political Science, 1988
- B.A., Stanford, International Relations and German Studies, 1984
- Pahre, Robert. Politics and Trade Cooperation in the Nineteenth Century: The "Agreeable Customs" of 1815-1914. Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- Democratic Foreign Policy Making: Problems of Divided Government and International Cooperation. Palgrave, 2006.
- "Theoretical Concerns in Networks of Protected Areas: Symmetry and Asymmetry." Proceedings of the 2011 George Wright Society Conference on Parks, Protected Areas, and Cultural Sites. 2012.
- "Game-Theoretic Insights into Effective Cooperation Among National Parks and Indian Tribes,." Protected Areas in a Changing World: Proceedings of the 2009 George Wright Society Conference on Parks, Protected Areas, and Cultural Sites. 2010.
- "What Makes it Wild? Visitors' Constructions of Wildlife and Wilderness in the Greater Yellowstone Area." International Journal of Wilderness (2013):
- "“Reconsidering National Park Interpretation on the Great Plains and Trans-Mississippi West." Great Plains Research (2012):
- "Political Opposition to Transboundary Cooperation in the Greater Yellowstone Area." Journal of Tourism and Leisure Studies (2011):
- "Patterns of National Park Interpretation in the West." Journal of the West (2011):
- "Telling Yellowstone’s Stories." Journal of the West (2011):
- Pahre, Robert. "International Cooperation as Interagency Cooperation: Examples from Wildlife and Habitat Preservation." Perspectives on Politics 7.4 (2009):
- "Privatizing Isle Royale? The Limits of Free Market Environmentalism." George Wright Forum 25.3 (2009):
- "The Myths of Turkish Influence in the European Union”." Journal of Common Market Studies 47.2 (2009): 357–384.
- Pahre , Robert . "Formal theory and case-study methods in eu studies." European Union Politics 6.1 (2005): 113-145.
- Pahre , Robert . "Patently misleading: Partial implementation and bargaining leverage in sino-american negotiations on intellectual property rights." International Organization 59.3 (2005): 695-729.
- Pahre , Robert . "Most-favored-nation clauses and clustered negotiations." International Organization 55.4 (2001): 859-+.