William T Bernhard
Professor of Political Science
Center for Global Studies
European Union Center
- Ph.D., Duke University, 1996
- M.A., Duke University, 1991
- B.A., Cornell University, 1988
- Bernhard, William, and Tracy Sulkin. Legislative Styles. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press, 2017.
- Bernhard, William, and David Leblang. Pricing Politics: Democratic Processes and Financial Markets. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- Bernhard, William. Banking on Reform: Political Parties and Central Bank Independence in the Industrial Democracies. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 2002.
- Sulkin, Tracy, Dan Sewell, and William Bernhard. "Legislative Styles in the U.S. House of Representatives." Legislative Studies Quarterly (2017):
- Pemstein, Dan, Steve Meserve, and William Bernhard. "Gender, Incumbency, and Party List Nominations in European Elections." British Journal of Political Science (2017):
- Bernhard, William, and David Leblang. "Sovereign Debt, Migration Pressure, and Political Survival." Comparative Political Studies 47.7 (2016): 907-38.
- Sewell, D., Y. Chen, T. Sulkin, and William Bernhard. "Model-Based Longitudinal Clustering." Statistica Sinica 26.1 (2016): 205-33.
- Bernhard, William, S. Meserve, and D. Pemstein. "Brussels Bound: Policy Experience and Candidate Selection in European Elections." Comparative Political Studies 48.11 (2015): 205-33.
- Bernhard, William, and Tracy Sulkin. "Commitment and Consequences: Reneging on Cosponsorship Pledges in the U.S. House." Legislative Studies Quarterly 38.4 (2013): 461-89.
- Bernhard, William, S. Meserve, and D. Pemstein. "Political Ambition and Legislative Behavior in the European Parliament." Journal of Politics 71.3 (2009): 1-18.
- Bernhard, William, and David Leblang. "Coalition Collapses and Currency Crashes." Political Research Quarterly 61 (2008): 516-531.